Topic: We are on tv & internet.....well teletext at least!!  (Read 3088 times)

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
We are on tv & internet.....well teletext at least!!
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
I sent a letter to Game Central (ITV's game related teletext pages) and  it's been printed on their pages and web site.

http://www.teletext.co.uk/gamecentral/inbox/25fe62b79b50625fb41767580c56e8ca/Retro+open+day.aspx

It will only be on the teletext until 5pm today, as that is when the letters update. Not sure how long on the web site.

It is on ITV text P809, 3rd page of the 9 letters pages.

Karl

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 08:26:17 AM by billdooruk »

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
Re: We are on tv & internet.....well teletext at least!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:14 AM »
Ooohhh. Well done!  ;D

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:32:40 AM »
Nice one Karl ;)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Quickswitch79

• ZX80
  • Kudos 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've just joined precisely because of the letter on Game Central :-) I have to say, it's an excellent website, well done! It's mad looking at all the old machines again, really well done to everyone for providing the consoles/games.

For me it all started off with a Spectrum 48k, then +2. I was always gutted when they showed screenshots for the game and would show the Amiga or Atari ST version. The Spectrum version was nowhere near! Still a classic machine though and I still play the emulators now (and can still hardly finish any of them!).

I was then part of the whole 'Sega vs. Nintendo' wars through the 90's, as I finally got a Megadrive, then Saturn. It's such a shame Sega messed around with the Saturn :-( Felt a bit like a traitor when I bought a PS1. Then onto PS2 and currently on XBox 360.

I think I was part of a lucky generation where playing games has slowly but surely switched from being a geeky thing to a thing that is done by everyone now. I'm 30 at the moment but have no plans to give up anytime soon! If I have children and they're there with the latest fighting game, I'll just show them the legends such as 'Yie Ar Kung Fu', 'Target Renegade', 'Streets of Rage' and the best fighting game EVER, 'Street Fighter II'.

I look forward to visiting this site and it's members very often :-)