Topic: Thank you . . .  (Read 13278 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Thank you . . .
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
We did have stickers with the RCM logo on them for people to write their name on . . . Linda was asking if people wanted a sticker and most people said "No, everybody knows me anyway" - so we did offer this . . .

Thanks for the feedback though guys! ;)
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »
Like I say, Andy, in hindsight, maybe I should have worn a name badge so that newcomers could tell who I was.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:31:36 PM »
I'm going to see if I can get those FAST adverts put onto a T-Shirt for next time :)

Offline jimbob005

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 29
    • View Profile
    • http://midzamigagroup.freeforum.me.uk/index.htm
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »
i had a sticker with my name on
Sega went from 16bit to real life with the megaCD

Offline gingerpenguins

• ZX80
  • Kudos 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:43 PM »
Just like to say that I had a great time at the event and thanks to Andy and Linda for organising it.  This was the first event I had been to and I wasn't sure what to expect.  I had a ZX Spectrum when I was little and seeing some of the games I used to play brought back some good memories  :D.

We drove all the way from Glasgow, Scotland to come to this so it shows how far some people are willing to go for retro video games  :P.

Can't wait for the next one.

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »
 A couple of thank you's from me....

Andy & Linda for all the reasons already stated.

The guy's who helped set up sat evening, running to storage site & back, then those who helped close down sunday.

Andy's family for running food & drinks (Linda again for the cakes)

Cheers to all who took part in the Mario Kart Battle Competition

The biggest thank you goes to all who attened.....with out you all it wouls not have worked  ;D

It was nice to put faces to more names.

See you soon

Karl

Offline vp002

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Well heres ive been mulling about with,

Split the computers / consoles

Maybe we could put the computers in the front two rooms and get people to stay and look after them ,where the main hall we could get more consoles and possible a few cabs (PLLLEAAAASE :D) to mix things up a bit , as people looked at most of the computers and the majority played the console games etc etc,also it was noted that  there was no n64 or ps1 in the main hall.

PLus the computers were drowned out by the noisier machines and the keyboard on the Commodore(?) was wasted as you couldnt hear what you were playing.

Please note that this is a suggestion and please andy dont banish me lol

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
I will answer you Vinny . . . in reverse order! ;)

The Keyboard plugged into the Amiga . . . this was a mistake - granted - WILL be rectified at a later show!

The reason there was no N64 or PS1, we ran out of room table wise and tvs! simple as that! There were also lots more RCM machines that didn't make an appearance (again!), we have close to 150 different machines - no way could we fit 150 systems in one room for one day.

The final one - this is something I will have to disagree on, i feel that computers and consoles should be mixed up - that way people will sit down at a computer and have a play and maybe notice the console sitting next to it - and vice versa.

What do other people think about this last point?

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Scarlettkitten

• Enjoy the silence
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 31
  • Queen of the 3DO people
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
I totally agree that computer and consoles should be mixed, it gives people the chance to explore different systems if they're moving from one to the next :)

Offline Blackpanther

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 16
  • Trust is a weakness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »
I prefer the consoles and computers to be mixed up. Its nice jumping from one to the other and think if the computers were on there own I would spent less time on them.
Nintendo 3DS Friends Code: 2793-0594-8875

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »
I agree with mixing them up.

Some people prefer computer, some consoles. by mixing them up they are more likely to try both.

I will play stuff next event as I didn't really get on anything this time.

Offline Panther

• Committee
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 35
  • Look at the size of my.......Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »
My particular gripe would be that pile of stuff in the room I was in which I thought was for donations to the RCM but was actually for people to dump junk they didn't want and other people pick it up and make a donation. The problem was all the sign said was 'Donations Please' which was rather ambiguous.

I didn't even know there was this type of thing there  :-[

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »
My particular gripe would be that pile of stuff in the room I was in which I thought was for donations to the RCM but was actually for people to dump junk they didn't want and other people pick it up and make a donation. The problem was all the sign said was 'Donations Please' which was rather ambiguous.

I didn't even know there was this type of thing there  :-[

I picked up a couple of old 486s from that pile :D

StarshipUK

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
I agree the computers and consoles should be mixed up, but like I mentioned before, it would be good if those Commodores all had Joysticks (better than playing using the keyboards) and also checking all the machines every so often to make sure it is working or to change the game to something different... Perhaps that was one of the reasons the consoles were used more than the computers? Perhaps also create a few instruction sheets telling people how to load/change games on some of the more unusual systems.

We once had an idea at RV to display all machines in the date order they was released. With enough planning of table space that would be a good idea.

StarshipUK

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »
- Signs were put up outside the building, albeit not straight away.  Those that arrived early obviously did not have the benefit of them, but most of you came to the last one, so should have known roughly where the building was!

Sat nav took me right outside the building and even told me what side of the road it was on. I have good eyesight and saw the leaflets on the notice board outside the building and that confirmed to me where the venue was.

Quote from: The Twins
- We did have stickers for name badges, but the responce from members when asked if they wanted a name badge was " everyone knows who I am anyway", or they were too busy setting up and not everyone came to sign in!!!

Perhaps use the badges as a form of ID at the next one, instead of wrist bands? People seemed quite happy with the name badges at Byte Back, and we had people request them for RV (although we have to use Lanyards as stickers cannot survive 3 days as people change clothes!).

- If anyone wanting a name sticker that had not been offered one had asked Andy or myself about them then you would have been given one.

I only saw RCM staff wearing them, so I thought they were for staff only. I was not offered one and did not notice them  when I signed in.

- We utilised all the tables that the venue possessed, so unless people brought their own tables we could not have provided anymore.

I bought some CRT/LCD TV's that were not used, because there was no tables to put them on. I would have bought a couple of small tables instead, if I had known tables would be needed.