Topic: Mame Arcade Control  (Read 2491 times)

Offline stiggy2009

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 25
  • I eat RetroBrite and Cornflakes for breakfast.
    • View Profile
Mame Arcade Control
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
On this wet weekend I thought I'd have a sort through my box of arcade controls I'm hoping use with my first control panel. I've uploaded a few pictures to my Flickr account if anyone is interested?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26527444@N06/

There's also a few shots of an old Toshiba 320CDT laptop I liberated from work. It's a Pentium I, 32mb ram,4gb HDD brick (soon to be CF HDD). Despite being chunky, it's actually quite light and the 12" LCD screen might make a nice portable emulator PC (...or maybe Digital Picture Frame).

Originally I used it to monitor traffic across a laser link that joined one of our office buildings at work to our network to provide VOIP. Since them, we've had a more robust fibre link placed under the road so it was no longer needed. I'd forgotten all about it until I was working on the switch cabinet on Friday and spotted it in the corner. The logs show it's been switched on for the past four years without a blip....built to last  ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 01:31:41 PM by stiggy2009 »

Offline AndyT

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
Re: Mame Arcade Control
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Those old Tosh's last for ever. Shame about the batteries!
Andy
http://www.retrocomputers.eu
Xbox Live Gamertag : AndyCTaylor

Offline Pixel_Outlaw

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:24:16 PM »
Good to see you are using the lolipop style stick. Are you going to purchase motion limiting plate for the stick? Games like Pacman are not really desirable to play with an 8 way stick.

Offline stiggy2009

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 25
  • I eat RetroBrite and Cornflakes for breakfast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 03:36:23 PM »
Yep, they already have the restrictor plates attached so i can choose either 4 or 8 way.

I've had to buy longer joystick shafts because I'm rear mounting the joysticks under the control panel and i didn't think they'd be enough height for the ball tops

Shaft, rear mounted, and ball......  ;)