Topic: Retro Fusion 2008  (Read 3695 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Retro Fusion 2008
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:10:52 PM »
Phew! Been back a couple of hours from Retro Fusion in Leamington . . . wicked!

Met a load of the guys from various forums that I post on! A lot of them knew about us so that was fantastic.

Spoke to Archer Maclean (got him to sign a couple of bits), saw Sandy White (of Ant Attack fame!), Jon Cauldwell was also there! Also spoke to Darran from Retro Gamer for quite a while and mentioned our Museum (several times), he seemed very interested (as did Archer btw) and said he hopes to put some information in Retro Gamer!!!!! Which would be wicked!

A shout out to loads of people - to be honest,way too many to mention here . . . they know who there are!

The event started at 11.00am on Saturday and went through until mignight! Myself phoenixtlb, japster and loadretro were there until 9.00ish I think. There were loads of arcade cabinets, loads of retro computers and consoles (mmmm virtual boy, vectrex etc!) - quite a bit for sale (New consoles about to be added to the website!!!) and of course a lot of like minded people! I also must mention at this point that there was also Rock Band playing on an Xbox30 on a projection screen! Absolutely wicked! Chris (Boyo) the organiser mentioned to me that he sold around 150 tickets or so . . . well done to him for organising it and getting everbody and everything there! The atmosphere was fantastic as were ALL of the people there - without exception everybody had a laugh I guess, beer was cheap as well which helps! Sunday was a little less hectic but still as enjoyable!

I would definetely go to something like this again - sign me up for the next one - hopefully won't quite spend as much as I did this weekend!

Lots of respect

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
Re: Retro Fusion 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:14:23 PM »
Yep, Drew pretty much summed the weekend up there, it was awesome!

So many great moments, Getting a mint Dreamcast (boxed+VRM+extra controller) for £15.00, seeing Tennis on a Virtual Boy OMG!
Playing Dropzone on an Atari 800XL for the first time since the early 80's ....... the list goes on and on ...... roll on the next one!  8)

Phoenix
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »
Found on the BBC website:
Retro Fusion

Wicked!  ;D
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:06:51 PM »
following on from my last post . . . here is a couple of pictures . . .

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline Zetr0

• ZX80
  • Kudos 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
I might be a little green with envy :D

seee told you :)
If i had a hammer, I would hammer in the morning.... I would hammer in the evening.... I would hammer all day :)

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:48:57 PM »
Nice one!
I must admit - second time that I have spoken/met Archer - what a nice bloke! Dropzone has got to be one of my favourite C64 games ever!
Wicked!

Andy

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 01:40:41 PM »
Going back to PhoenixTLBs comment about the 800XL . . . the machine at Retro Fusion had an extra bit of hardware plugged into it which allowed you to play ALL games from a Smart Card . . . :o) - similar i guess to divIDE for the speccy and Retro Replay for the C64, does anybody know of any more bits of kit like this, thinking about it - I have one inside my Archimedes!!!! That has a Compact Flash card in it instead of a HD!

Andy

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »
Does anybody have a divIDE? I would love one, along with the retro replay - maybe oneday when one of us on here is a millionaire!!! (I can dream!!).

Seriously though - they are amazing bits of kit!