• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Time Game
« Reply #3585 on: March 17, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
09:30 - Off to see the sights of Media City in Manchester.  A day out taking pictures on the camera and with the add-on lenses for my phone (a macro, wide-angle and fish-eye lens) plus a 10x optical zoom add-on.  Might even pop into Eccles as that's at the end of the tram line.  Places I've either not been too or not been back to in ages.

Toodle pip!

Offline rewind

• C128
  • Kudos 13
    • View Profile
    • http://retro-blog.co.uk
« Reply #3586 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:08 AM »
01:35 just dozing off only to be awoken by eldest child being "I'll"
Just got back into bed after cleaning up....nice  :-X

07:51 likewise, no sleep here for the last 3 days due to whiny ill baby. Now he's better and has gotten used to being "spoiled" so a battle of wills replaces sleep yet again.
oh the joy
All sorts of retro related stuff: http://retro-blog.co.uk
Gaming Parts and Spares!! http://www.rewind-bits.co.uk/

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3587 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
13:32 - on the treadmill in work.  Last week I did 43 documents to describe how our new payments interface would work for all our clients and their websites.

After a meeting yesterday, the tester announced that she'd also need the full screenshots of every credit card/instalments payment options being done, plus the timeout page and the error page.

So, I've redone 15 of the 43 documents .. zzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
« Reply #3588 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
21:56 - Ewww - whats that smell. Oh, another beeb releasing magic smoke...

1200xl

« Reply #3589 on: May 04, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »
I now have the Ultimate Atari 800  ;D
xl/xe compatible, 1 meg RAM, RTC,SDX, internal CF cart.............
Awesome

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3590 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
12:30 - waiting for bleach to do its job on the two bread crates I picked up (ahem 'borrowed') from outside the back door of the kebab shop two doors down.

Realised they weren't bread crates but ones used to deliver (frozen) chicken breasts, so I've put them in the shower with the afore-mentioned liberal dosing of bleach so I can scrub them clean :)

Dave & Anna donated another computer desk yesterday so just got to spend some time manoeuvring the retro room around so I can put it against a wall.  Just the cheap TV and appropriate SCART cable kit to get and I can *finally* get my Amstrad 6128 up and running.  Especially whilst my C64 and Speccy 128K are on an R & R trip at Casa Porchy :)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3591 on: May 20, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
14:05 - all done.  Just waiting for them to dry and I can move some stuff around and make room for the new desk.

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3592 on: June 01, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
14:04 - took they  day off to sort out all the financial hassles from moving bank accounts.  Had to do this because I found out that my old bank decided to put that account in limbo, so this week has been a rush job to manually switch across all the direct debits. Nationwide (my new bank) were also told my previous account didn't exist, so their system couldn't do it automatically.  A morning of last minute 'can I pay please' to various suppliers and re-setting up of new direct debits.  All because my previous bank are crapola of the highest order.  But at least I'm rid of them now.

Also found out my brand spanking new bank card is a bit knackered.  I can take cash out, I can pay online .. but I can't use any chip & pin machines as it's permanently locked.  Found out (luckily on my day off) as I bounced between Orange and Nationwide.  Ended up paying cash for this month's bill.

Then, to top off a few hours of 'grrrr', I went into CEX with the £72-worth of vouchers ready to buy that lovely LED Samsung 22" TV that was in their window .. only to find out that it was a monitor only.  No inputs for component, SCART or HDMI (except via DVI lead). 

Now, to balance karma, something *has* to go right!  Please?

Offline billdooruk

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 26
  • I could murder a curry
    • View Profile
    • Our site:-
« Reply #3593 on: June 01, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
20:00

Yeah :)

Found my original PlayStation, spare Genesis 32X and SNES Super Advantage in a box in the wrong area of the loft :)

Happy as i was getting worried I'd thrown a box away in error!!!

someone was asking me about selling my spare 32X at last Snibston event - can't remember who it was???

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3594 on: June 02, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »
20:20 - back and relaxing after a good day at Hi-Score and, in general, showing my brother what life is like in a city - including explaining what an Americano is in Starbucks :)

He's currently 8th overall which isn't too shabby for 35+ people entering.  I haven't entered as I'd be propping up everyone else :)  He won't win the full Turnarcades set up (which is first prize) but hopefully he'll get something.  All to play for tomorrow.

Some bargains grabbed were from Mohican Kid's lucky dip (inc. a Neo Geo cartridge and a Bards Tale II hint book!) along with Anna M's (Mat Corne's other half) most excellent selection of sausage roll - all proceeds from the event and the other bits and pieces are all going to one of two charities, so it's all good.

Back tomorrow for more lucky dips .. see what else I can guess wrong from feeling the contents through the newspaper -  I thought the Neo Geo cart was a steel-tin special edition of a Blu-Ray or a modern console game :)

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3595 on: September 18, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »
Over 2 years later and I'll resurrect this thread instead of the spammer that was in here :)

18:32 Sat here waiting data copy from one old drive to the new ones in the new PC. 

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3596 on: September 18, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »
You mean the spammer I deleted . . . ;)

Yeah - let's get this place busy again guys! :)

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3597 on: September 19, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »
12:41 - just had lunch at work.  Nice to get a break away from fixing the bugs in my Word Add-In.  I've got two colleagues - another technical author and a systems analyst - both poking me with their "here's another bug" messages and/or entries on the Trello board I created for it.  I empty the Bugs column for one release, send it out these two colleagues .. and then they find more.

Ho hum .. back to the grindstone :)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3598 on: September 19, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
Had a very important meeting at the Museum this morning first thing (more details will follow asap) . . . busy at work too! :)

A
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #3599 on: September 19, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
Had a very important meeting at the Museum this morning first thing (more details will follow asap) . . . busy at work too! :)

A

*Ponders* :)