Topic: Byte Back (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) 7th-8th March 2009  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Andy

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 17
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computers
Byte Back (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) 7th-8th March 2009
« on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:43 AM »
FYI... Messagae recieved from the Stairway to Hell website...

Hi

Just want to draw everyone's attention to the following post, which concerns a Classic Gaming event taking place in Stoke-on-Trent, UK on the weekend of March 7th-8th 2009:
http://www.stairwaytohell.com/sthforums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2026

I'll be working closely with the organiser, Mat Corne (who is a BBC Micro owner himself, and is keen to make the event as Acorn-friendly as possible) so you can be assured of there being plenty of Beebs, Elks and Arcs on display, in addition to "modern" BBC upgrades too.

No promises, but I'm also hoping to lure in one or two ex-Acorn programmers as well.

It's a charity event and therefore, it would be wonderful if we could bank on a really good showing from members of this here forum! So regardless of whether you are a frequent poster, a new member or a lurker - if you're the slightest bit tempted to come - DON'T HESITATE - register your interest in the above thread now!

I'm currently in the process of sorting out a couple of hotels where those attending both days can congregate/stay on the Saturday night, so if you'd like to receive more details, please contact me asap as spaces will be limited.

Cheers!
Dave.

P.S. I appreciate this message will reach a number of members who aren't based in the UK, but if there are any folks overseas who are genuinely interested in attending, please contact me and I'll do my best to assist with travel & accommodation arrangements. Stoke-on-Trent is situated in-between four major airports (East Midlands, Birmingham, Manchester and Coventry).

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: Byte Back (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) 7th-8th March 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:36:53 PM »
Might be worth a visit - to see how it is done . . . ?
Anybody from here thinking of going?

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
Re: Byte Back (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) 7th-8th March 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »
Sounds like a possibility  ;D

Always interesting to see how others do it  8)
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob