Topic: Eurocon 2010, 3rd-5th September, Manchester  (Read 9309 times)

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
    • Flicky's Videogame Page
Eurocon 2010, 3rd-5th September, Manchester
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that tickets are now on sale for Eurocon 2010.

This is an annual event bringing together classic gaming fans from all around Europe. This year's event (the eleventh) will take place from 3rd-5th September 2010 in Manchester at the Lass O'Gowrie pub.

The event will include arcade machines, consoles and computers (all on freeplay) as well as a quiz, competitions, an auction, a display of rare UK machines supplied by the Retro Computer Museum (no link needed!) and much more, including some surprises which will be announced in the coming weeks.

Tickets cost £12. All profits will be donated to the Starlight charity.

Full details of the event, and a link to our online booking system, are available at the Eurocon homepage.

If you have any questions about the event, please email the main organiser (me) or visit our Facebook page.

Many thanks
Jon Legg
Main organiser, Eurocon 2010

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
Re: Eurocon 2010, 3rd-5th September, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »
Ticket bought .. I'm sorted :)

Offline Blackpanther

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 16
  • Trust is a weakness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:44:33 PM »
Rinoa's just bought 2 tickets  :)

Just the hotel to sort now
Nintendo 3DS Friends Code: 2793-0594-8875

StarshipUK

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »
Would it be possible to reserve a ticket to buy at Retro Rewind, or might they sell out before then?

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »
Would it be possible to reserve a ticket to buy at Retro Rewind, or might they sell out before then?

No probs, I'll add you to the confirmed attendee list and see you in Sheffield.

Cheers
Jon

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »
Rinoa's just bought 2 tickets  :)

Just the hotel to sort now

Great :)

I recommend the Ibis - right opposite the venue and that chain is usually quite good. I paid £54/night for a double room (no breakfast), but you have to pay in full now to get that rate.

Cheers
Jon

Offline Blackpanther

• Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 16
  • Trust is a weakness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Think we'll go for the premier inn near the MEN and then taxi to the venue. For two nights its far two expensive for us at the Ibis and it'll only cost us £75ish at the premier for both nights.

Gutted the Days inn is fully booked  :(
Nintendo 3DS Friends Code: 2793-0594-8875

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2758/Hotels.aspx?k=M1%207DG&d=20100903&n=2&rt=1-0#zmqjyk

For the cheapskates (who don't mind a bit of a drunken yomp / taxi ride) the cheapest one is:

Luther Kind House - http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2758/hotel-reservations/147413_luther-king-house-manchester.aspx - £29.50 (single) & £39.50 (double).

I've just 'saved' £31 on their full price of £45 a night via the Late Rooms booking so that's me happy :)

According to Google Maps it's a 40 minute walk *but* that road is the main one going passed all the colleges etc. so there's will be tons of taxis available.

See y'all there :)

StarshipUK

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »
Be careful if you decide to stay *MILES* away from the event and then use Taxi's.

Despite my warnings a few people decided to do this at RV. It would have been cheaper to spend MORE on a more local hotel than the savings on the hotel MILES away and TAXI fees!

I think I will also go for MEN. I'd rather pay an extra £19 for a double bedded room and be within walking distance. MEN looks to be about half a mile walk with free parking, which should not be too much hassle.

Its possible the Days Inn rooms have not gone on sale yet, rather than being sold out.

Offline Rinoa

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 7
  • In a World gone Mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »
I've booked a room at that Premier Inn by the MEN. Stayed there before and it was great for the price.

MEN looks to be about half a mile walk with free parking, which should not be too much hassle.

It is walkable - loads of pubs to stop by on the walk back from the event too. I think I'll be taxiing it in the mornings though!

StarshipUK

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:31 PM »
I've booked a room at that Premier Inn by the MEN. Stayed there before and it was great for the price.

MEN looks to be about half a mile walk with free parking, which should not be too much hassle.

It is walkable - loads of pubs to stop by on the walk back from the event too. I think I'll be taxiing it in the mornings though!

I've booked there too. From what I remember there is one of them cheapo chain pubs near this or on the way which did a good cheap Vegetarian Breakfast. Hence the reason I am thinking of walking in the mornings.

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »
Just done a big update to the website (http://www.eurocon.info), including a list of people who've bought tickets so far (26 out of the 80 places have gone in the first week), more details of the programme we're planning, and an exciting announcement about a special guest....

Offline Gaztee

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 7
  • No longer living life in VR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »
Hey Jon,

My second ticket is for Graeme Hinchliffe (LinkoVitch) He lives about 3 miles away from the event so I am saving lots on accommodation!! Sounds like a real good weekend in prospect!

Gaz
Aircars 94 for the Atari Jaguar now available at aircars94@jagfest.org

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 10:32:54 AM »
Just done a big update to the website (http://www.eurocon.info), including a list of people who've bought tickets so far (26 out of the 80 places have gone in the first week), more details of the programme we're planning, and an exciting announcement about a special guest....

Eurocon tickets are going really quickly ... 59 out of the 80 tickets have been taken at last count (I sold 15 at Retro Rewind and have taken another 14 bookings since then!) I think we will need to stick to the 80 limit due to the size of the venue.

It would be great to see as many people as possible from the RCM forum there, so please either book your tickets online, or PM/email me to reserve one to buy at the RCM open day in May .. I think we will probably have sold out by then otherwise.

Offline flicky

• CPC 464
  • Kudos 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 07:17:02 PM »

Eurocon tickets are going really quickly ... 59 out of the 80 tickets have been taken at last count (I sold 15 at Retro Rewind and have taken another 14 bookings since then!) I think we will need to stick to the 80 limit due to the size of the venue.

It would be great to see as many people as possible from the RCM forum there, so please either book your tickets online, or PM/email me to reserve one to buy at the RCM open day in May .. I think we will probably have sold out by then otherwise.

Only 6 tickets left now!  :o