Topic: More Publicity . . .  (Read 5311 times)

Offline AndyRCM

• >=))))º> GO FEED THE FISH! <º((((=<
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
More Publicity . . .
« on: January 05, 2009, 09:05:07 PM »
Hello guys . . .

A couple of things! One of our friends, Nick (Shockwave) has another site www.dbfinteractive.com which is a coding site (that I am very proud to be a member of and push as much as I can!) - it's a superb site to be honest and the people on the forums are so friendly - in fact a few of them are on our site too! Well, as I am rambling way too much! Nick has done us proud and put a banner for the open day in May on the dbf homepage! A huge thank you to him for this! He has been an avid supporter of RCM from Day 1 and built this superb site for us.
The second thing is that Myself and PhoenixTLB have been invited to join Mat (Byte Back) at a mini event this Saturday. I will tell you more about this when I can - I don't want to steal anything from Mat as he has worked hard to get this one sorted! Rest assured RCM will be well represented there!
More news when I have it!

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
Re: More Publicity . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »
Dave and I went to Mat's (witchfinder) event on saturday - Much respect to Mat for organising something in two/three weeks - a credit to him - it was a fun and lively event - about 25 or so of us with around the same sort of amount of consoles and one computer - an amiga 600 - Sensible soccer - superb! The BBC were really only interested in certain things so we won't really get a mention - although Dave and myself were both wearing our RCM shirts so you never know! Something though - when they did a screen shot of sensi soccer - it was me playing it! :)

So . . . all in all a good event - if that was anything to go by Byte Back in March will be superb - well done Mat!

Andy
"I could see the faces of those who led pissing themselves laughing" - Funeral Pyre by The Jam

Offline woody.cool

• I get Woody for Camy
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 11
  • HADOOKEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »
Dave and I went to Mat's (witchfinder) event on saturday - Much respect to Mat for organising something in two/three weeks - a credit to him - it was a fun and lively event - about 25 or so of us with around the same sort of amount of consoles and one computer - an amiga 600 - Sensible soccer - superb! The BBC were really only interested in certain things so we won't really get a mention - although Dave and myself were both wearing our RCM shirts so you never know! Something though - when they did a screen shot of sensi soccer - it was me playing it! :)

So . . . all in all a good event - if that was anything to go by Byte Back in March will be superb - well done Mat!

Andy
'twas a great event. I really enjoyed myself. I'm looking forward to Byte Back in March and RCM in May.

Offline AndyRCM

• Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 50
  • Manic Jet Set Willy
    • View Profile
    • Retro Computer Museum
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
Meant to say -

It was good to see woody.cool and his brother too! Along with our new member PubZombie!
We met a guy called Martyn Carroll too - he was the editor of the RetroGamer magazine - a nice bloke! Dave and Martyn were having a right laugh on Sensi Soccer! LOL! Very competitive!

Some familiar faces from Fusion too - too many to mention!

Andy

Offline witchfinder

• C128
  • Kudos 6
  • Uber-geek
    • View Profile
    • Addicted to Gaming
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »
Thanks Andy and Dave for coming along, and hopefully at least the shirts will get picked up in a random crowd shot! I was hoping the presenters would talk to a few more people to get different opinions on the systems they were interested in but it didn't quite work out like that... However I suspect myself and woody.cool will be featured on the TV show when it airs in April.

Anyway, thanks for your support guys and you know I'll be returning the favour come May... ;D
Check out my "Addicted to Gaming" blog: http://gameaddict.blog.co.uk
(last updated 17th Sept 2009)

Offline PhoenixTLB

• Cowabunga!
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 24
  • There goes Bugaboo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
It was a fun day, the highs and lows of Sensi Soccer  ;D

I think me and Martyn will be repeating the Sensi battles again soon  :D

Thanks Mat for such a quick organisation of the event, a good mix of kit to toy with too, now I must go and download Star Soldier R on my Wii to get some practice in!

Great to see all the old and new faces, Woody I'm always hunting for jokes for you  ;) and PubZombie (my new source for all things Fallout)  8)

Dave
Be sure to pray at the Shrine of Bub & Bob

Offline muguk

• Sarcastic Git plc!
  • Administrator
  • Amiga 4000
  • Kudos 34
  • Mug U.K(tm)
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Word Toolbox
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »
Roll on Byte Back .. can put some more names to faces.  Can't miss me .. just look for the Bill Oddie look-a-likey :)