Topic: New member but very old BBC Master!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Diane Davies

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
New member but very old BBC Master!
« on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:51 PM »
Hi
Just checking that I have in fact arrived! new membership already burning  a hole in my pocket!

diane

Offline andyc

• Vic 20
  • Kudos 8
    • View Profile
Re: New member but very old BBC Master!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »
You are undoubtedly here. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,

Andy.

Offline Diane Davies

• ZX80
  • Kudos 0
    • View Profile
Re: New member but very old BBC Master!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 02:18:54 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Andy
Not a lot to report but now the holiday season is over I start to look again at my over stuffed garage. Much as I loved using the BBC computers with my classes I don't think I have much use for it. I was given it by the school when they went  PC, and I thought I could use it and the copious software packages to do home tutoring, not just games but adventure writing, maths problems, nature, lots of datahandling for kids.  That didn't happen because the need to look out for aging parents took over.  I was hoping to find like minded BBC lovers, and have found someone who only wants the hardware, just to play adult games programs.

I'm reluctant to split the kit if someone out there wants the software and all the hardware. Are there any retro lovers who would love my BBC Master, still pretty much perfect not having been maltreated or stored in damp conditions, especially for its educational value? otherwise I can offer the bits and pieces separately, concept keyboard, printer, double disk drive..... as well as the monitor, and computer itself. Any ideas on  next steps?